Los Angeles Rams (1-1) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1)
4:05 PM ET, Sunday, September 25, 2016
Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida
LINE: TB -4 ; Total: 42
The Los Angeles Rams are surprisingly enough at 1-1 on the season despite putting up a total of just nine points through their first two games, without scoring even a single touchdown.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers outscored the Falcons 31-24 in their season opener but were held to just seven points in a blowout loss at Arizona in Week 2. The Rams defeated the Buccaneers 31-23 last season, but odds are we’ll see fewer points this time around.
You gotta give the Rams’ D credit for how they handled the Seahawks in last week’s 9-3 win. Seattle managed only 67 rushing yards the entire game and Russell Wilson went just 22-for-35 passing. Now they’ll face Jameis Winston who went from four touchdown passes and one interception in Week 1 to one TD and four picks last week.
Tampa Bay did not only lose the game 41-7, but they also lost leading rusher Doug Martin for the next three weeks to a hamstring injury, and the Rams’ have struggled to do much damage on the ground with Todd Gurley averaging only 2.7 yards per carry. Opponents have been able to stack up to stop him with the Rams’ passing game near nonexistent.
- Under is 4-0 in Rams last 4 games after allowing less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Under is 4-0 in Rams last 4 games in September.
- Under is 4-0 in Rams last 4 vs. NFC.
- Under is 6-0 in Rams last 6 games after scoring less than 15 points in their previous game.
- Under is 8-1 in Rams last 9 games following a straight up win.
- Under is 8-1 in Rams last 9 games following a ATS win.
- Under is 5-1 in Rams last 6 games after accumulating less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Under is 4-1 in Buccaneers last 5 games in Week 3.
- Under is 9-4 in Buccaneers last 13 games in September.
- Under is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings in Tampa Bay.
- Under is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings.
Only the Indianapolis Colts, Oakland Raiders and Jacksonville Jaguars have given up as many points (64) as the Bucs so far this season, but this looks like it should be a low-scoring contest and this was very close to be a premium pick.
Take the under, and don’t forget my San Diego Chargers vs. Indianapolis Colts Free Pick and subscribe to my 3-Pack of NFL Winners at my handicapper page.